Backup Copy Operations for Microsoft Hyper-V
Backup copy operations for the Virtual Server Agent mount the snapshots captured by IntelliSnap backups and then stream the backup data to a secondary copy on different media.
For general information about backup copy operations, see Backup Copy for IntelliSnap Backup. The general information includes the following topics:
- Inline and offline backup copy operations
- Configuring a storage policy to perform a backup copy operation
- Running an inline backup copy operation
- Running an offline backup copy operation
- Running backup copy operations for specific jobs
- Modifying an existing configuration for backup copy operations
- Controlling parallel workflows
- Backup copy reports
- Backup copy alerts
If you plan to use a proxy for backup copy operations, install:
- Hyper-V Role
- Hyper-V agent
Note: Make sure the operating system version on the proxy computer is same or higher than the version on the Hyper-V host. However, for scenarios where the Hyper-V host is version 2012 R2 or older, the operating system version on the proxy computer must be the same version; it cannot be higher.
The proxy host designated for the backup copy operations cannot be a member of the cluster nodes where the source VM resides.
This includes Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) storage snapshots.
To designate the proxy host (MediaAgent) for this scenario, follow these steps:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > instance > DefaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the default subclient, and then click Properties.
- In the Subclient Properties dialog box, click the IntelliSnap Operations tab.
- From the Use Proxy drop-down list box, select the MediaAgent accordingly.
There is a Microsoft limitation for Disk Signature changes.
You cannot implement Disk Signature changes at this time.
Last modified: 12/4/2018 8:50:38 PM