You can mount any available snapshot to access the data included in the snapshot. Follow the steps below to mount snapshots:When mounting multiple snapshots, note the following:
- You can mount snapshots from different jobs
- The snapshots selected for mounting should belong to the same agent (such as Windows File System, UNIX File System, or VMware)
- Snapshots should be mounted on a MediaAgent with the same operating system as the snapshot volumes. For example, Windows volumes should be mounted on a Windows MediaAgent, and Linux volumes should be mounted on a Linux MediaAgent.
- There are no limits on the number of snapshots to be mounted. However, increasing the number of snapshots that are selected also increases the time for mounting the snapshots.
- For Virtual Server Agent (VSA), mount snapshots from the backup set or subclient level. Mounting snapshots from the storage policy is not supported.
- For VMware, mounting multiple snapshots of the same volume at the same time is not supportedFrom the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers| Hyper-V Client | Virtual Server | defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the subclient and click List Snapshots.
- Right-click the snapshot that you wish to mount and click Mount.
To select multiple snapshots, hold <Shift> key and select the snapshots to be mounted.
- Click Yes.
- In the Mount Path dialog box, specify the destination client and the path on the client in the Destination Client and Destination Path fields.
On a Windows platform, enter a CIFS Share Name for the Agent.
- If you do not wish to save any changes made to the mounted snapshot after the snapshot is unmounted, select Protect Snapshot during mount.
- Click OK.
- If you do not select Protect Snapshot during mount,the changes made to snapshot when it is mounted will be retained after the snapshot is unmounted and the snapshot can no longer be used for restore.
Last modified: 6/21/2019 6:47:49 PM