Setting Up Extended Retention Rules
Use the following steps for setting up the extended retention rules:
- Right-click the storage policy copy and click Properties.
- Click the Retention tab.
- Set the basic retention rules by clicking Retain for and entering the number of days and cycles appropriate for your organization.
- Set the extended retention rules as follows:
- Click the For button.
- Enter the number of Days Total to retain the backup.
- Click the Keep drop-down list, and select the desired backup criteria (e.g., Monthly Full, Weekly Full).
- Click the Grace Days drop-down list and select the number of days (e.g., 2).
This allows you to consider the additional number of days along with the Extended Retention rule. For example, if the last full backup job fails with in the defined extended retention criteria, then the next full backup job that ran in the specified grace days will be selected for retention.
- Repeat Step 4 to configure additional extended retention.
- Click OK.
Provides comprehensive information on additional Data Aging capabilities.
Last modified: 2/6/2018 9:18:11 PM