Configuring a SQL Server IntelliSnap Subclient
You can configure the SQL Server IntelliSnap subclient.
About This Task
Multiple streaming employs multiple data streams per subclient for data protection operations. This enables the subclient's contents to be distributed to all the streams, transmitting them in parallel to the storage media. Hence a subclient whose data is secured using these data streams, utilizes more of the available network resources, and can complete in as little as one third the time that the same data would require using a single stream.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > instance.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab:
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the engine that matches your snapshot type. For a list of available engines for your array, see Snapshot Engine.
- From the Use Proxy list, select a MediaAgent where the backup copy operations will be performed.
Note: The MediaAgent must have an operating system level that is the same or higher than the client computer.
- To use the source computer when the proxy computer is unreachable, select the Use source if proxy is unreachable check box.
- On the Storage Device tab, on the Data Storage Policy tab, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that has a snapshot copy associated with it.
- To use multiple data streams, make the following selections:
- On the General tab, select the Allow multiple data readers for Backup Copy check box.
- On the Storage Device tab, on the Data Storage Policy tab, in the Number of Streams for Data Backup box type or select the number of data streams.
- Click OK to close the Subclient Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 9/7/2018 2:47:18 PM