Configuring the Software to Perform IntelliSnap Integrity Check
You can configure to run integrity check of a hardware snap during an IntelliSnap backup. The check verifies the integrity of the captured data files by mounting them to a proxy, attaching and detaching the database to the SQL Server.
Use the proxy server to perform integrity check on a SQL cluster. A proxy is a separate computer with connectivity to the SQL Server and with the ability to mount the snapshots. Ensure that the proxy to be selected for running integrity check has MediaAgent and SQL iDataAgent installed on it.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > instance.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, make the following selections:
- From the Use Proxy list, select a proxy that has the same or higher SQL server version as that of source.
- From the SQL Server Name list, select the server to connect to a specific SQL instance during integrity check.
- In the User Name and Password boxes, type the credentials of a user that can establish a connection with the SQL server.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 9/7/2018 2:47:18 PM