Performing a SQL Server IntelliSnap Full Backup Operation
Full backups provide the most comprehensive protection of data.
Backups for any client start with a full backup. The full backup becomes a baseline to which subsequent backup types are applied. For example, a full backup must be performed before a transaction log backup can be initiated.
About This Task
You can configure to run integrity check of a hardware snap during an IntelliSnap backup. The check verifies the integrity of the captured data files by mounting them to a proxy, attaching and detaching the database to the SQL Server.
Use the proxy server to perform integrity check on a SQL cluster. A proxy is a separate computer with connectivity to the SQL Server and with the ability to mount the snapshots. Ensure that the proxy to be selected for running integrity check has MediaAgent and SQL iDataAgent installed on it.
Before You Begin
- If you want to have the software perform an integrity check, then configure the subclient for the snap integreity check. For more information, see Configuring the Software to Perform IntelliSnap Integrity Check.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > SQL Server > instance.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select the backup type and job initiation:
- In the Backup Type section, select Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, specify whether to run the backup now or whether to schedule it.
Note: If you specify to schedule the backup, define the schedule.
For information on scheduling backups, see Schedule Backups.
- To have the software perform an integrity check, click Advanced. Then, in the Advanced Backup Options dialog box, on the Data tab, select the Perform Snap Integrity check box, and then click OK.
- Click OK.
If the integrity check succeeds, then the IntelliSnap backup job will return a successful Event Viewer message "SQL integrity check completed successfully for job [id]"
Last modified: 4/12/2019 4:15:06 PM