Copying a SQL Server Database to a Different Location
You can restore a database to a different location on the same destination server.
- From the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client > SQL Server.
- Right-click the instance, and then click All Tasks > Browse and Restore.
- In the Browse and Restore Options dialog box, click Advanced Restore, then click View Content.
- In the browse view, select the data that you want to restore, and click Recover All Selected.
The SQL Restore Options dialog box appears.
- In the Database column, type the new database name.
- To change the database and log files path, in the Physical path column, type the full path to the new location.
Note: If there are many files, use the Find & Replace option to enter the new destination path for all of them at once.
If the database file path is changed without changing the database name, the existing database will be overwritten and will point to the new location.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/11/2020 6:01:21 PM