Backing Up Virtual Machines
You can back up virtual machines from a subclient or from a backup set (to include all subclients for the backup set).
For each subclient, you must add the virtual machines to be backed up in the subclient content.
Before You Begin
- Decide which type of backup is appropriate. Typically, you can choose either an incremental backup or a full backup when you install the agent.
- For application consistent backups of user VMs, verify that the following requirements are met:
- Each VM has Nutanix Guest Tools.
- The Controller VM virtual IP (port 2074) is accessible from user VMs.
- Cluster is updated to Nutanix AHV 4.6 or later.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Nutanix AHV > backup_set.
- Start the backup from the subclient or backup set:
- From the subclient, right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
- From the backup set, right-click the backup set, click Backup All Subclients, and then click Yes to confirm.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Choose the backup type.
- Optional: To schedule the backup, click Schedule.
For more information, see Scheduling.
- Optional:To customize the backup operation, click Advanced.
For more information, see Advanced Backup Options.
- Optional:To save the current backup options as a script file, click Save as Script.
For more information, see Save as Script Overview.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller. When the backup is complete, the Job Controller displays Completed.
After your backup job is complete, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.
Last modified: 4/17/2019 3:06:38 PM