Snapshots can either be deleted using job-based pruning or by deleting from the list of displayed snapshots when browsing snapshots. Data Aging can also be used to define the retention rules and pruning of snapshots.
Before You Begin
- Manual deletion of snapshots is not recommended. When a snapshot is deleted, it is no longer possible to perform data recovery operations from the snapshot copy. However, if a backup copy was created from the snapshot, data recovery operations can be performed from the backup copy. Furthermore, if a snapshot is manually deleted, there is no reconciliation support to mark the corresponding snapshot as invalid.
- Ensure that the snapshot to be deleted is not mounted.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Nutanix AHV > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and click List Snapshots.
- Right-click the snapshot to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Enter the confirmation text string: erase snapshot.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 4/15/2020 5:27:46 PM