IntelliSnap Backup for Multiple Oracle Instances
A snap or clone operation is performed for all the instances at the same time in a shared LUN environment using the schedule policy created specifically for this purpose. You can perform a snap or clone operation immediately or at a scheduled time.
When you perform a IntelliSnap backup or a clone operation, the system performs the following:
- A single job among multiple jobs will be selected and this job becomes the master job.
- Master job will collect all the data mount points for all the databases which are included in the schedule policy and performs the following:
- If the database is in archive log mode and open, it will change it to a hot backup mode. This will be performed for all the archive log databases.
- If the database is in noarchive log mode and open, it will completely depend on consistent option provided by the snap engine and will also take a snap for REDO log location.
- If the database is noarchive log DB, it will not change the database to a hot backup mode.
- If one of the databases is down or in started mode, it will skip that database for snap operation.
- IntelliSnap will be performed for all the data mount points at the same time. After Snap operation, the databases are changed from hot backup mode.
- Master job switches the log for archive log DB and will take the backup of controlfile to archive log location or data file location for archive log DB and No archive log DB correspondingly.
- Similar to data, all the mount points for log will be collected and snaps will be performed.
- Once archive indexing is completed, the master job is marked as complete.
- Once the master job is completed, all the other jobs will continue and verify whether the snaps are already taken. If they know that the snaps are already taken, they just clone the archive files, perform archive index and completes the job.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies | Schedule Policies.
- Right-click the <Schedule Policy> in the right pane and click Run Immediately.
You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- After the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup History. Right-click the Schedule Policy and select View Jobs.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/13/2019 7:16:26 PM