Deleting Archive Logs after a Specific Oracle RAC IntelliSnap Backup
After performing an IntelliSnap backup on the archive logs, you can choose to delete them from the destination location. You can do this by configuring the subclient to delete the archive logs soon after the IntelliSnap backup. See Enabling Log Deletion After an IntelliSnap Backup for step-by-step instructions on enabling the deletion of logs. Always ensure that the archive logs are backed up before they are deleted to prevent the data loss.
You can also choose to delete the archive logs after a specific IntelliSnap backup job. You can even specify additional criteria to delete the archive logs.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to <Client> | Oracle RAC > instance.
- Right-click the <Subclient> configured for archive log backup and then click Backup.
- Click Advanced .
- Click the Delete Archive Logs tab.
- Select the Delete Archive Log check box.
- Click Yes on the warning dialog box.
- Type confirm in the Enter Confirmation text dialog box, and then click OK.
- Specify the desired criteria for archive log deletion.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/2/2018 7:53:32 PM