Automatically Switching the Database Mode before a Restore
In order to perform a restore operation, the database should be in MOUNT mode. If the database is not in the mounted state, you are prompted to switch the database to the mounted state and then perform the restore.
Use the following steps to automatically switch the database to mount mode prior to restore:
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > RAC client.
- Right-click the instance, then go to All Tasks > Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Select Latest Backup, and then click the View Content button.
- Select the database, and then click the Recover All Selected button.
The Oracle Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Select the option for the type of restore operation, and then click Next.
An Oracle restore options dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the Options tab, select the Switch Database Mode for Restore check box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 1/3/2020 6:01:23 PM