Configuring Subclients for SAP Oracle Consistent Online Backups
A consistent online backup includes the data and the offline redo logs that are generated during the data backup. When you perform a backup on a consistent online data subclient, the data is consistent because the offline redo log files created by BRBACKUP backed up with the database files on the same volume. The logs that are part of the consistent online backup are part of the data backup and included in the BRBACKUP summary file.
You can perform either a full backup or incremental backup of the SAP for Oracle database when it is online.
The following table describes the available backup interfaces.
The software locks the Oracle database until the backup completes.
The software locks the entire Oracle database until the backup completes.
The software locks each volume that is being backed up and releases it when the backup completes.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Agent.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the Consistent Online option.
- Select the backup interface. If this subclient will be used for incremental backups, in the Backup Device section, select the Rman_util option.
- On the Storage Device tab, select the name of the Data Storage Policy.
- Optional: Include the logs. On the Log Backups tab:
- Select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- Optional: To delete the logs after the backup completes, select the Archive Delete check box.
- Optional: To disable log switching for the current redo log, select the Disable Switch Current Log check box.
- Optional: To create a second copy of the archived offline redo log files, select the Archive Log Second Copy check box.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab.
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the appropriate engine.
- On the Storage Device tab, in the Log Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name for the log backups.
- Optional: Run scripts before or after the backup.
You can choose to run the post-process script even if the backup job failed.
On the Pre/Post tab:
- In the Pre-Backup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- In the PostBackup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- To run the post backup process regardless of the job's outcome, select the Run Post Process for all attempts check box.
- Click OK to close the Creating New Subclient dialog box.
Last modified: 10/15/2018 1:01:08 PM