Forcing Transport Modes in vSphere VADP Environments
In vSphere VADP environments, you can force a specific transport mode to be used for all virtual machine backups performed by a proxy by configuring the vStorageTransportMode additional setting. This additional setting can be configured on each proxy computer selected for the virtualization client.
The following transport modes can be forced using this additional setting:
Follow the steps below to configure this additional setting:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers.
- For each proxy listed for the vCenter client:
- Right-click the client, and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced, and then click the Additional Settings tab.
- Click Add.
- On the Add Additional Settings dialog box, provide the following information:
- Name: vStorageTransportMode
- Category: VirtualServer
- Type: STRING
- Value: Type the transport mode you want to use in lower-case letters (for example, san, hotadd, nbd, or nas).
- Click OK to save additional settings, advanced properties, and client properties.
Last modified: 2/6/2018 8:13:40 PM