Backup Copy Operations for VMware IntelliSnap
Backup copy operations for the Virtual Server Agent mount the snapshots captured by IntelliSnap backups and then stream the backup data to a secondary copy on different media.
For general information about backup copy operations, see Backup Copy for IntelliSnap Backup. The general information includes the following topics:
- Inline and offline backup copy operations
- Configuring a storage policy to perform a backup copy operation
- Running an inline backup copy operation
- Running an offline backup copy operation
- Running backup copy operations for specific jobs
- Modifying an existing configuration for backup copy operations
- Controlling parallel workflows
- Backup copy reports
- Backup copy alerts
Backup copy operations for VMware IntelliSnap backups can use any Virtual Server Agent (VSA) proxy to mount a snapshot datastore on a proxy ESX server and create a backup copy. You can also configure backup copy operations to run without mounting the snapshot on a ESX host.
If SAN transport is available, any VSA proxy can use SAN transport mode to copy backup data and create the backup copy.
Note: Multi-proxy support for backup copies is available for the snapshot engines that are listed in Multinode Backup Copy for the VMware Agent.
Last modified: 3/8/2019 8:21:30 PM