Best Practices for VMware IntelliSnap
- A separate initiator group must be used for the client, and proxy computers and LUNs should be added to both.
- If the Virtual Server Agent is no longer required to run data protection operations, you can release the Virtual Server Agent license instead of uninstalling the agent. If the agent is uninstalled, you will not be able to:
- Perform Live Browse.
- Unmount snapshots mounted by any Virtual Server Agent.
- In environments leveraging Fibre Channel storage (required for the Hitachi Vantara storage array), install the Virtual Server Agent and MediaAgent on a physical computer.
- In array management, enter storage addresses for iSCSI and NFS in the same format used for ESX servers. For example, use an IP Address for both entries.
- When using NFS storage, enter each IP address that is used into array management. Entering only a single IP for a management interface is not sufficient.
- The Virtual Server Agent proxy must have access to the storage network. If you have an isolated network, an additional network connection must be added to the proxy.
- It is recommended to use a short name for an NFS datastore. When you perform the IntelliSnap backup of an NFS datastore, Commvault can append up to 20 characters with the name of NFS datastore to create the volume label. The ESX server supports a volume label of 42 characters.
Last modified: 1/14/2019 10:18:52 PM