Getting Started with the Windows File System Agent
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Features
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for the Windows File System Agent, and the supported features:
Step 2: Install the Windows File System Agent
To set up your environment for IntelliSnap, you must install the File System Agent with the MediaAgent.
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Prepare the Installation on Windows Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the Windows File System Agent and the MediaAgent
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Step 3: Configure Your Environment
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- Configure the client computer for IntelliSnap.
- If you have not done so already, configure a storage policy.
- Create an IntelliSnap subclient.
- Create a snapshot copy.
- Configure a backup copy.
Step 4: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Step 5: What to Do Next
- Manage snapshots.
- Plan to rapidly recover critical data and to restore business functions if a disaster occurs. Review Full System Recovery: Windows File System Agent.
- Configure data retention and data aging for this agent. For more information, see Data Aging.
Last modified: 1/10/2018 7:23:39 PM