Array Access Nodes for a Storage Array
You can configure additional MediaAgents as array access nodes in order to perform operations on storage arrays.
The MediaAgent on the source client performs operations such as pruning or reconciliation. If you want other MediaAgents in your environment, you can configure those MediaAgents as array access nodes. When you configure MediaAgents as array access nodes, you can do the following:
- Run the following operations on specific MediaAgents:
- Snapshot pruning
- For the NetApp storage array, OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM) cleanup
- For replication with the NetApp storage array without OCUM, auxiliary copy
- Bypass the source MediaAgent on the array client in order to load balance operations across multiple MediaAgents for the snapshot pruning operation.
- Provide a failover MediaAgent that performs the snapshot pruning operation on the array when the source MediaAgent is offline.
When you add a NetApp storage array in Array Management, if you specify an array access node, then the storage array is detected along with the array access node. This detection method is useful if the CommServe computer does not have direct access to the storage array.
Last modified: 10/25/2019 7:12:53 PM