IntelliSnap Recovery Manager (IRM) - Overview
IntelliSnap Recovery Manager (IRM) seamlessly executes hardware storage systems snapshots directly into a protection/recovery process for smaller environments. IRM offers the following key benefits:
- Quick and Easy Snap backups - Snapshot of entire system can be created seamlessly with no effect on the production server.
- Centralized Configuration through Getting Started Wizard - Getting Started wizard provides a centralized interface to configure Storage Media, Policies etc.
- Application Support - IRM supports backup and recovery of Virtual Server, SQL Server, Exchange and SharePoint applications.
- Instant Recovery - A high speed restore / mount / revert operations can be accomplished from snapshots.
How IRM Works
The IntelliSnap Recovery Manager consists of the following operations:
- The snapshot job initiates from the CommCell Console through schedule or an on-demand IntelliSnap job.
- When the snapshot job is started, the array is accessed to create a snapshot of the content.
- The snapshot is mounted on source computer for post snap operations.
- The snapshot is unmounted.
- This snapshot now provides high speed restore / mount / revert operations.
Note that the IRM is used to perform only snapshot operations, regular backups cannot be performed using IRM package. To perform regular backups, additional licenses will be required. Contact your software provider for additional licenses.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 4:48:46 PM