Backing Up Subclients with the OSDP C-Mode Feature
The OSDP feature is deprecated from the Commvault software in V11 SP15.
See End-of-Life, Deprecated and Extended Support - Features for information about deprecated features.
To back up subclients with the OSDP C-Mode feature, run the replication workflow in the CommServe computer.
About This Task
The replication workflow backs up only subclients whose data policy is the same as the storage policy on which the workflow is launched . The replication workflow does not back up subclients whose log policy is the same as the storage policy on which the workflow is launched. For more information, see Replication Workflow.
The replication workflow converts all SQL backup jobs to full backups. You can run transaction log backups only from the subclient.
The OSDP C-Mode feature does not support backing up default subclients or system states.
Before You Begin
- Install the replication workflow template on the workflow engine computer from which you plan to run the workflow. To install the replication workflow, see Installing the Workflow Engine.
- If you haven't already done so, add content to the subclients before running the replication workflow.
- Make sure that you have enabled IntelliSnap at the client and subclient levels. For more information, see the documentation for your agent.
- The Follow Mount Points option in the Advanced Backup Options dialog box does not work for ODSP backup operations, even if the option is selected.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies.
- Right-click storage policy, point to All Tasks, and then click Run Replication Workflow.
The SnapProtect for Open System Options dialog box appears.
- From the Run workflow on list, select a workflow engine, and then enter the value of the following variables in the Value column.
- From Storage Policy, select the OSDP C-Mode storage policy that the workflow will use.
- From Backup Type, select Full, Incremental, or Differential.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/12/2019 9:52:38 PM