Getting Started With Metrics Reports
You must perform a few different tasks to set up Metrics Reporting and view Metrics Reports.
After the Metrics Reporting Server is set up, you can view Metrics Reports on the Web Console or on the Cloud Services Portal. You can also download new reports from the Commvault Store and view them on the Web Console.
Step 1: Before You Begin
Refer to the following information to learn more about the permissions and requirements of the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
Step 2: Install the Private Metrics Reporting Server
Choose the best location for your Private Metrics Reporting Server:
- For environments that you do not expect to scale, use the Private Metrics Reporting Server installed with CommServe package: The Private Metrics Reporting Server is automatically installed with the CommServe package and included in upgrades of the CommServe package. After the installation, you must activate data collection for Metrics Reports on the CommCell Console.
- For scale environments, install the Private Metrics Reporting Server on a separate server: Install the Private Metrics Reporting Server and the Web Console together on a separate server from the CommServe server. After the installation, you must configure the CommCell Console to send report data to the server where the Private Metrics Reporting Server is installed.
Note: If other CommServe servers have restricted access to the Web Console that is installed along with the Private Metrics Reporting Server, install the Web Console package on a separate server in a DMZ. Next, configure communication between the Web Console and the Web Server installed along with the Private Metrics Reporting Server. For instructions about installing the Web Console, see Installing the Command Center. Finally,configure the CommServe server to send report data to the server where the Web Console is installed.
Follow the installation instructions described in Installing the Metrics Reporting Server, and then see the following steps to activate data collection.
Step 3: Get Access to Reports and Activate Data Collection
- Get access to the Cloud Services Website: You need access to the Cloud Services Website to download reports from Commvault Store and to view Metrics reports on the Cloud Services Website.
- If you installed the Private Metrics Reporting Server automatically with the CommServe package, and you now want to use Metrics Reports, then activate report data collection between the CommServe server and the Web Console.
- If you want to access reports using a secured HTTPS URL, you must configure secured access for the Web Console.
- If your CommServe computer is not connected to the Internet, you must use an Internet gateway computer for Metrics Reporting.
- If you have a firewall between the Web Console computer and the Web Server computer, then you must perform the following tasks:
- If you have multiple CommServe computers, then you must also complete the following steps:
- Activate data collection on remote CommServe servers: You must activate data collection on each CommServe computer in your environment so that you will see data from those CommServe servers in the Metrics Reports on the Web Console.
- Add the remote CommServe computer as a data source.
- If you have external databases, such as Oracle, that you want to use for reports, then you must configure external data sources.
Step 4: View Reports
To view Metrics reports, access them on your Web Console or on our Cloud Services Website:
Step 5: Where to Go From Here
- To add new reports to the Web Console, see Downloading Reports from the Commvault Store.
Last modified: 1/18/2019 4:30:52 PM