Configuring Data Sources for All Reports on Web Console
You can configure remote CommServe computers and third-party databases as data sources for reports using the Web Console. Configure a data source for all reports, or for a single report.
Before You Begin
- To add a data source, your CommCell user account requires a role with the Add Datasource permission and an association with the CommCell entity.
The Delete Datasource, Edit Datasource, and Query Datasource permissions are automatically assigned when you add a data source.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- If the Private Metrics Reporting Server cannot connect to the CommServe computer, or if you have a firewall between the remote CommServe computer and the Private Metrics Reporting Server, then you must establish a connection using the CommCell Console. For instructions, see Configuring CommServes as Data Sources on CommCell Console.
- Log on to the Web Console, and then click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- From the navigation pane, click Configuration > Data Sources.
- Click Add New Data Source.
- To add another CommServe database, select Add Remote CommCell.
- In the CommCell Host Name box, type the name of the CommServe computer.
- In the Username and Password boxes, enter your login credentials for the CommServe Computer on the CommServe computer.
Your user account must be a member of the Master group in the CommServe computer that hosts the Web Console.
- To add another type of database, select Add Remote Database.
- In the Database Type list, select the type of database that you want to add.
- In the Data Source Name box, type the name that you want to be displayed in the Select Data Sources list.
- In the Host box, type the name of the computer where the database resides.
- The default port number is automatically entered in the Port box.
- If you do not use the default port number, in the Port box, type the correct port number.
- Configure the database name.
- For Oracle databases, in the Database Name box, type the TNS name for the database that you want to add.
- For other types of databases and instances, in the Database Name or Instance Name box, type the name of the database or instance that you want to add.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type your login credentials for the database or instance that you want to add.
- Click Save.
The data source is added to the list.
Supported Database Types
Last modified: 11/2/2018 8:04:38 PM