Configuring the Index Server for Reports Content Search
Use the Index Server settings to enable or disable Index Server and specify which Index Server to use for searching data in the Reports application.
We recommend that you use Index Servers installed on clients other than the CommServe computer.
Only index Servers configured with the Data Analytics role will appear in the Index Servers list.
If you are changing the Index Server, when you select a different Index Server from the list, the old search data is deleted and within the next hour, the new Index Server will sync with Web Console.
Before You Begin
- Install Index Store and Configure Index Server in your CommCell environment. When configuring the Index Server roles, add the Data Analytics role to the Index Server.
- You must be a member of the Master user group or have the Master permission at the CommCell level to view the Settings page.
- To use Reports Content Search, your CommCell user account requires the following:
- A role with the Report Management permission
- An association with the CommCell entity
- Log on to the Web Console, and then click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- From the navigation pane, click Configuration > Settings.
- Configure Index Server settings:
- To enable Index Server and to specify which Index Server to use for searches, from the Select analytics engine for reports content search list, select an Index Server, and then click Save and Sync.
- To disable Index Server for reports content searches, click Disable Content Search for Reports.
Important: After selecting a new Index Server, you must wait until the Index Server syncs with the Web Console before the new Index Server will be used for reports content searches. The sync will begin within the next hour.
Last modified: 11/2/2018 8:25:36 PM