Enabling Cloud Assist
After you enable the Cloud Assist feature, you can view Cloud Assist reports on Web Console and execute workflows directly from the reports to fix any issues you discover.
You must also enable Cloud Assist if you want to use the CommCell down alert on the CommCell Group Dashboard or the CommCell Dashboard on the Cloud Services Portal.
Before You Begin
You must configure an email server so that Cloud Assist workflows can send email messages from the CommCell Console:
- For internal mail servers, such as Microsoft Exchange, see Configuring an Internal Mail Server.
- For external mail servers, such as Gmail, see Configuring an External Mail Server.
- On the CommCell Console ribbon, click Control Panel.
- Click Cloud Metrics Reporting.
The Cloud Metrics Reporting dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select Proactive Support and Cloud Assist.
A message appears that instructs you to install Cloud Assist workflows from Commvault Store.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Cloud Metrics Reporting dialog box.
A setup script creates and configures the user group that is used to send out notifications for the workflows.
What to Do Next
If you have Version 11 Service Pack 6 or earlier, you must download and install these workflows and reports from Cloud Services:
Note: If you have Version 11 Service Pack 7 or later, the workflows and reports are automatically installed with the CommCell Console and Web Console.
Last modified: 3/18/2021 3:36:08 PM