Tiered Metrics Reporting
Tiered metrics reporting is an optional configuration that allows you to forward collected report data to other Private Metrics Reporting Servers in your organization.
The forwarding options help you create a tiered architecture that includes two or more Metrics Reporting Servers: a parent, or worldwide, Metrics Reporting Server, and one or more child, or local, Metrics Reporting Servers. The local Metrics Reporting Servers collect data from the CommServe computers in your network, and then upload a subset of that data to the worldwide Metrics Reporting Server.
You must configure forwarding to the worldwide Metrics Reporting Server on each local Metrics Reporting Server that you want to include in the tiered architecture.
In mixed environments that contain both Metrics Reporting Servers and a license server, you can use the same CommServe computer as both the license server and a local Metrics Reporting Server that receives data from local CommServe computers. However, you cannot use the same CommServe computer as both the license server and the worldwide Metrics Reporting Server that receives data from local Metrics Reporting Servers and license servers, such as in a tiered metrics reporting architecture.
To configure centralized, multi-CommCell reporting in a mixed environment that contains both a license server and local Metrics Reporting Servers, you can set up a separate, worldwide Metrics Reporting Server that receives data from the license server, the local Metrics Reporting Servers, and the local CommServe computers.
Before You Begin
- Verify that you have a Worldwide Metrics Reporting Server installed on a separate computer. If you do not have a Worldwide Metrics Reporting Server, then install a Metrics Reporting Server on a separate computer from the Local Metrics Reporting Server. For instructions, see Getting Started with Metrics Reports.
- All Metrics Reporting Servers that are part of the tiered architecture must be installed with the same Version and Service Pack.
- If you want to mask, or hide, file paths from report data, before sending data to the Worldwide Metrics Reporting Server, configure masking on each CommServe computer that sends data to the Local Metrics Reporting Serve. For instructions on masking file paths in each CommServe computer, seeMasking File Paths in a CommServe Computer.
- On the CommServe computer that hosts the Local Metrics Reporting Server, log on to the CommCell Console.
- On the CommCell Console ribbon, select the Home tab, and then click the Control Panel button.
- Click Private Metrics Reporting.
The Private Metrics Reporting dialog box appears.
- On the Forwarding tab, select Forward.
- To send report data to multiple Private Metrics Reporting Servers, select Additional URLs to upload Metrics Reporting information, and then in the box, type an upload URL on each line.
Upload URLs must start with http:// or https:// and end with a forward slash (/).
You can find upload URLs in the CommCell Console on the Private Metrics Reporting Server in Control Panel > Metrics Reporting > General > Upload URL.
- Click OK.
Changes to forwarding settings and additional upload URLs take effect within an hour, and then after the next data collection, forwarded data appears in reports on the worldwide metrics reporting server.
Last modified: 12/5/2019 2:50:51 PM