Configuring Report Alert Messages for Windows Event Viewer, SNMP, and SCOM on the Web Console
You can customize the message that is displayed in alerts that are sent using Windows Event Viewer and SNMP traps.
Alert messages are built using variables. You can edit, delete, or add pieces of information or columns in each message.
- Log on to the Web Console, and then click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- Click a report.
- At the top-right of the table, click Settings , and then click Configure alert.
The Configure alert dialog box appears.
- Configure alert conditions, and then select Windows Event Viewer, SNMP or SCOM.
- To remove a default field, delete the title and variable.
For example, to remove the alert name from the message, delete Alert Name: <REPORT DISPLAY NAME>,
- To remove a default column, delete the column name and token.
For example, if you want to remove the application size and the media size, delete: Size of Application : $Size of Application$ , Media Size : $Media Size$ ,.
- To add custom text to the message, type the text in the Description box.
For example, if you want to write a statement that explains the purpose of the alert, before the default message content type: There are more than five objects that failed to back up. See the table below for a list of all failed objects.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 5/30/2019 7:54:31 PM