Scheduling Reports on Web Console
You can create schedules that automatically generate and email reports to specific users on a recurring basis.
Only users who either created the report schedule or who have ownership of the report schedule can edit, disable, or delete the report schedule.
If you want to send a report to an executive or someone who does not want to open a separate attachment, you can embed the report in an email body. Only the first 250 rows of each table appear in reports that are embedded in an email. These shorter tables provide a high-level summary of the information and improve readability. The row restriction also guarantees that the email remains a reasonable size for most inboxes.
The Email body option is not available for reports that are built using Data Cube or other Data Analytics reports.
For reports embedded in an email body, you can increase the maximum number of rows that appear in each table using an additional setting. For instructions, see Configuring the Number of Rows for Reports That are Embedded in Emails.
- Log on to the Web Console, and then click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- Click a report.
- At the top of the page, go to File > Schedule.
The Add Schedule dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the scheduled report.
- Beside Format, select an output format for the report:
- Email body
- In the Email Recipients box, enter the email addresses for the users who you want to email the report to.
- To save reports to a location on your network, select Save to network path, and then configure the location settings:
- In the Network Path box, type the location where you want to save reports.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type a user name, and associated password, that can access the network path location that you specified.
- Select Enable, and then next to How frequently, select the frequency for generating and sending reports, such as Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- In the At what time box, type the time of day that you want reports to generate.
Schedules run according to the time zone that is set for the CommServe computer that hosts the Reports. For example, if your computer is set to a different time zone than the CommServe computer, then the report schedule runs according to the CommServe computer's time zone.
- Click Save.
The report appears in the Existing Schedules list.
- Click Close.
If you have multiple Web Consoles, you can set the Web Console used for scheduled reports. For instructions, see Can I choose the Web Console used for scheduled reports?
Last modified: 8/6/2020 7:48:45 PM