Emailing a Report on the Web Console
You can email the current view of a report to users. Reports are attached to the email in the format that you select, or you can embed the report content in the email.
If you want to send a report to an executive or someone who does not want to open a separate attachment, you can embed the report in an email body. Only the first 250 rows of each table appear in reports that are embedded in an email. These shorter tables provide a high-level summary of the information and improve readability. The row restriction also guarantees that the email remains a reasonable size for most inboxes.
The Email body option is not available for reports that are built using Data Cube or other Data Analytics reports.
For reports embedded in an email body, you can increase the maximum number of rows that appear in each table using an additional setting. For instructions, see Configuring the Number of Rows for Reports That are Embedded in Emails.
Before You Begin
- To view, save, and send reports, you must have a CommCell user account that has a role with the Execute Report permission.
- Your CommCell user account must have an association with the CommCell entity.
For more information about users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- Log on to the Web Console, and then go to Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- Click a report.
- At the top of the page, click More actions > Email.
The Email Report dialog box appears.
- Beside Format, select an output format for the report:
- Email body
- In the Email Recipients box, enter the email addresses for the users you want to send the report to.
- Click Submit.
You can modify and customize email messages for reports by creating a template for Web Console reports in the Command Center. For more information, see Adding an Email Template.
Last modified: 8/31/2020 5:39:26 PM