How can I control the data that appears in reports?
You can control the data that appears in reports by selecting which data collection scripts run on the CommServe computers. Use either an Include file or an Exclude file to specify the data collection scripts that you want to use. We recommend that you use only one file. When both the Include and Exclude files are used, the Exclude file takes precedence, and the Include file is ignored.
Include Data Collection Scripts
The Include file contains only the data collection scripts that you want to run. New scripts are not automatically added to this file. If you want to include newly created scripts, you must manually add them to the Include file.
- On each CommServe computer where data is collected for reports, under <Software>\Reports\CommservSurvey, create a text file named PublicMetricsInclude.txt.
- In PublicMetricsInclude.txt, type the name of each data collection script that you want to use. Each data collection script should appear on a single line.
- Save and close PublicMetricsInclude.txt.
Exclude Data Collection Scripts
The Exclude file contains only the data collection scripts that you do not want to run. New scripts are not automatically added to this list. If you want to exclude newly created scripts, you must manually add them to the Exclude list.
- On each CommServe computer where data is collected for reports, under <Software>\Reports\CommservSurvey, create a text file named PublicMetricsExclude.txt.
- In PublicMetricsExclude.txt, type the name of each data collection script that you want to exclude. Each data collection script should appear on a single line.
- Save and close PublicMetricsExclude.txt.
What types of information are collected?
The following types of information are included or excluded from Metrics data collection.
Information That Is Collected
Default data collection includes CommCell operational information related to:
- Features that are used
- Type and number of snapshot engines
- Languages used, based on user log-ins
Also, the service can be set to collect additional information related to:
- Overall health of the CommCell, including SLA performance over the last month and disaster recovery backup statistics, which helps to identify the clients and policies that need to be tuned
- Job statistics including strikes over the last week, largest clients over the last month, and top errors over the last day
Optionally, you can associate your organization with the collected data by entering contact information, such as the phone number and physical address for your organization.
Information That Is Not Collected
To protect your organization's privacy, we collect data only to gather statistics and graph data trends. For this reason, the following types of information are not collected:
- Host names and IP addresses
- File names and file paths
Last modified: 2/22/2019 3:59:03 PM