Configuring Periodic Document Encryption
Periodic Document Encryption can be configured on either an individual client or a client group. If Periodic Document Encryption is enabled on a client from both the client group and client properties dialog boxes, the client-level settings will override any settings configured at the client group level.
DLP settings are only available for Windows or Macintosh laptop clients. If you are accessing DLP settings for a client group, the client group must contains only Windows or Macintosh laptop clients.
To configure Periodic Document Encryption:
- Open the Data Loss Prevention settings for a client computer or client group. See Accessing Data Loss Prevention Settings.
- Under Periodic Document Encryption, select Enable Data Loss Prevention for these documents.
- Specify the files and folders that you want to lock by adding items to the Lock following contents box. See Periodic Document Encryption Settings.
- Choose how you want to modify the default Periodic Document Encryption settings.
- Add or remove criteria for excluding files from Periodic Document Encryption.
- Modify DLP scan settings.
- Modify settings for unlocking files.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
After enabling Periodic Document Encryption on a client or client group, client owners must enable DLP on their laptops and create their DLP passkey. Refer client owners to Enable Data Loss Prevention (End-User) in the end user documentation.
Last modified: 2/28/2019 10:25:46 PM