Configuring the Edge Drive Index Server
To enable users to search for Edge Drive files in the Web Console, configure an Index Server for Edge Drive.
Files stored in Edge Drive clients are indexed using an Index Server. The Index Server is required to view files in Edge Drive.
You can configure your Edge Drive on a standalone index server or a cloud index server. A Cloud Index Server is scalable, and provides fault tolerance and high-availablility of the Index Server data.
For more information about a standalone index server, see Index Store and Index Server Overview.
For more information on cloud index server, see Index Server Cloud.
Before You Begin
- Review System Requirements for the Edge Drive Index Server and Index Store.
- If you are not the CommCell administrator, you must have a security association that includes a role with the Agent Management permission or the Administrative Management permission and an association with the Index Store client you select when configuring the Index Server.
For information on adding a security association to a user, see Administering the Security Associations of a User.
- If you have a firewall setup, make sure the port used by the Index Store client is open for connections within the network.
- Create an Index Server with the Edge Drive role.
- To configure a standalone Index Server, see Getting Started with Installing Index Store and Adding an Index Server.
- To configure a cloud Index Server, see Getting Started with Index Server Cloud
Note: Edge Drive Auditing feature is not supported when you use a Cloud Index Server.
What to Do Next
After you have configured at least one Index Server, add an Edge Drive client to enable Edge Drive for end users. See Creating and Configuring an Edge Drive Client.
Last modified: 6/10/2019 8:22:13 PM