Configuring WebDAV Interface for Edge Drive
Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) is an extension of HTTP protocol that enables client applications to query, create and modify remote web content in a server. Using WebDAV configuration, you can allow access to Edge Drive from WebDAV supported client applications. For example, using the windows explorer WebDAV client program, users can access Edge Drive as a mapped network drive without having to install the Edge Monitor application on the client computer.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that the following roles are installed on the Web Console computer.
- WebDAV Publishing
- URL Authentication
The roles are enabled by default. If the role is not enabled, refer to the Microsoft documentation for instructions on enabling server roles.
- Users must be part of the same domain where the Web Console is installed. To allow webdav access for users from other domains, make sure there is a trusted relationship between the domains.
- To the CommServe database, add the bIsSecureLoginEnabled additional setting with value, False.
- Configure the WebDAV authoring rules for the Web Console .
- In IIS Manager, in the Connections pane, expand Sites and click Consoles.
- In the Consoles Home page, double-click WebDAV Authoring Rules.
- In the Actions pane, click Enable WebDAV, and then click Add Authoring Rule.
- In the Add Authoring Rule dialog box, specify the content types that can be accessed and the user permissions to access the Edge Drive, and then click OK.
- Enable Windows Authentication for the Web Console proxy services.
- In IIS Manager, in the Connections pane, expand Sites > Consoles, and then click ProxySvc.
- In the ProxySvc home page, double-click Authentication.
- In the Authentication page, right-click Windows Authentication and select Enable.
- Add an authorization rule.
- In the ProxySvc home page, double-click Authorization Rules.
- In the Actions pane, click Add Allow Rule.
- In the Add Allow Authorization Rule box, select All Users or select individual users, users groups or roles, and then click OK.
Users can access their Edge Drive from other WebDAV enabled applications by providing the URL for WebDAV access in the following format:
For example, users can add a mapped network drive to their Edge Drive on Windows explorer, using the URL for WebDAV access and Edge Drive user credentials.
Note: On Macintosh computers, the system creates temporary files (for example, .ds_store files) on the WebDAV mount path for Edge Drive. To prevent creating the temporary files on the mount paths, at the command line interface, enter the following command:
defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores true
Last modified: 9/2/2019 3:31:36 PM