Editing Edge Drive Files with Office Online from the Web Console
You can edit Microsoft Office Word documents, Excel sheets, and PowerPoint presentations on your Edge Drive directly from a web browser, without opening the Microsoft Office application.
About This Task
You can edit Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files that have the new file formats (.docx, .xlsx, and .pptx).
Other file types, such as PDFs, must be converted to Word documents and then uploaded to the Edge Drive.
Editing Office files with old file formats (.doc, .xls, and .ppt) is not supported from the Web Console.
Before You Begin
- Your administrator must enable the ability to edit files with Office Online.
- You must have the correct permissions to edit files in Edge Drive.
- Open your Edge Drive in the Web Console. See Accessing Your Edge Drive From the Web Console.
- Navigate to the file you want to edit, right-click the file name, and then click Edit.
The file is opened in a web app browser.
- Optional: If you are editing a file that uses an old file format, complete the following steps:
- Click the Edit in Browser button on the web page.
- To convert the file to a new file format, on the File Conversion confirmation box, click Convert.
- After conversion, to edit the converted file, click Edit.
- Make changes to the file as required.
- After editing, save the file.
Note: After you edit a word document that was converted from a PDF and close the file without saving the changes, the previews for the document may not appear correctly. To preview the file, you must open and save the file once again.
Last modified: 9/11/2018 2:07:50 AM