Getting Started With the Edge Drive Uploader Tool
Use the Edge Drive Uploader tool to automatically upload files and folders from your desktop or laptop to your Edge Drive.
Step 1: Before You Begin
To use the Edge Drive Uploader tool, verify that you meet the following requirements:
- You must have Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 or above installed on the client computer.
- You can log on to the Web Console. See Accessing the Web Console.
- Your administrator added you as an Edge Drive user.
Step 2: Install the Tool
The Edge Drive Uploader tool is automatically installed along with the laptop package.
You can also install the tool from the Commvault Store.
- Go to the Edge Uploader tool page on Commvault Store, and then click Download.
- After download is complete, go to the download location, and then run the CommVaultEdgeDriveUploader.msi package.
The tool is installed in the <System Drive>\Program Files\CommVault\EdgeDriveUploader directory.
When installed with the laptop page, the tool is located in the <software_install_path>\ContentStoreBase\EdgeDriveUploader folder.
Step 3: Access the Tool
After you install the Edge Drive Uploader tool, a Getting Started window appears.
- Click Get Started.
The Log In to CommVault Edge window appears.
- Enter the following information:
- Domain user name to access your Edge Drive.
- Password for the user account.
- The host name of the Web Console computer.
If you enabled secure connection on the Web Console (for example, your Web Console uses HTTPS), select the Use Secure Connection check box.
- Click Sign In.
Step 4: Add Folders for Automatic Upload
- In the Edge Drive Uploader window, click Add Folder, and then select the folder from which you want to upload files.
- To change the upload path on your Edge Drive, click Edit Cloud Path, and then select the destination folder that you want to use.
- Click Start.
Last modified: 3/5/2019 9:54:18 PM