Locking Files from Your Laptops File System
You can lock files and folders on your laptop from the Edge options on your laptops file system.
Before You Begin
Before you can lock files on your laptop, you must have enabled Data Loss Prevention (DLP) on your laptop. See Enable Data Loss Prevention.
We recommend that you create a DLP passkey before you lock items on your laptop. If you lock items before creating a DLP passkey, you can only unlock the files when your laptop has connectivity to the CommServe host. See Creating a Data Loss Prevention Passkey.
- On your laptop, open your file system and go to the file or folder you want to lock.
- Right-click the file or folder, point to Edge, and click Lock.
- Unlocking Files and Folders on Your Laptop
- Configuring DLP Settings from the Web Console
- Viewing and Removing DLP Authorized Users
Last modified: 6/27/2019 6:27:38 PM