Getting Started for the Epic File System
Step 1: Before You Begin
Verify the System Requirements for the Windows File System Agent or UNIX File System Agent.
See the following sections to learn more about the capabilities and requirements of the Windows File System Agent:
See the following sections to learn more about the capabilities and requirements of the UNIX File System Agent:
Step 2: Install the File System Agent
You must install the file system agent on all servers that host the InterSystems Caché databases. Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation.
Step 3: Install the MediaAgent
Install the MediaAgent. For more information, see Installing the MediaAgent.
Step 4: Select the Storage Engine
Select the storage array. For more information, see Selecting the Storage Engine.
Step 5: Prepare for the First Backup and Restore Operation
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- Configure a Storage Policy for the backups.
Best Practice: Set the storage policy data retention to 14 days.
- Create a Schedule policy to perform a full backup weekly.
- Best Practice: To make sure that the snapshot volume does not remain in the quiesced state for an extended period, set the nPreSnapTasksBeforeCreate to 1. To the client, add the additional setting as shown in the following table.
For instructions on how to add additional settings from the CommCell Console, see Adding or Modifying Additional Settings from the CommCell Console.
Last modified: 3/7/2019 6:50:34 PM