Configuring a Backup Copy for MEDITECH
A backup copy operation provides the capability to copy snapshots of the data to any media. It is useful for creating additional standby copies of data and can be performed during the IntelliSnap backup (inline) or at a later time (offline).
When you configure a backup copy, set up a selection rule that will automatically copy a full backup that meets your Recovery Point Objective.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click the storage_policy and click Properties.
The Storage Policy Properties dialog box is displayed.
- Click Snapshot.
- Select the Enable Backup Copy check box to enable movement of snapshots to media.
- To copy snapshot that were created after a certain date, select the Snapshots Created On or After check box and enter the date.
- In the Job Selections Rule section, select Choose Backup Selection Rule and then click Advanced.
The Selection Rule dialog box is displayed.
- Select Full Backups at Frequency and then select your choice based on your Recovery Point Objective. For information on the frequency choices, see Selection Rule.
- Click OK to close the Selection Rule dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Storage Policy Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 7/25/2018 7:41:58 PM