Restoring MEDITECH Data from a Snapshot
You can use this procedure when you want to restore the MEDITECH data from a snapshot backup.
The destination volume must be at least 1GB bigger than the source volume.
For more information about block-level backups, see Block-Level Backups.
Restores are only supported for single stream data. Multi-stream restores are currently not supported.
Before You Begin
- Map the destination disk to the proxy server.
During the restore, the snapshot is mounted on the proxy server through fiber channel or iSCSI LUNs.
- Bring the disks online, but do not initialize the disks.
- Make sure that you have the physical drive number for the destination disk.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers> client > File System > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore Options dialog box is displayed.
- On the Time Range tab, select Volume Level Browse (Restore the disk image/volume).
- On the Advanced Options tab, select location of the data to restore.
- From the Use MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent associated with the data you want to browse.
- Click View Content.
- From the Browse window, select the system name that you want to restore and then click Recover All Selected.
You can ignore the message in the right pane that says "There are no items to show in this view".
Note: The right pane displays the disk volumes. The Size and Disk Size columns display 0. The Disk Usage column displays N/A.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, provide the destination details.
- From the Destination Client list, select the destination client .
- In the Restore Paths & Destinations section, click an entry in the Source Volume column and then click Browse.
The Browse dialog box is displayed.
- Select the restore location and then click Close.
- Click OK.
For volume-level restores from the snapshot copy, the job status displayed in the Job Controller window shows as running, even though the job progress bar displays 100%. To view the total number of volumes that the software restored, review the job details of the snapshot copy job.
For MEDITECH MAGIC systems, after the restore is completed, you must mount the restored volume back on to a MEDITECH File Server in order to read it.
Last modified: 9/5/2019 9:38:55 PM