Huawei Storage Server Data Protection
Commvault supports the following methods for protecting data stored on a Huawei Storage Server:
- Snapshot backups of application data using IntelliSnap backups.
- Backups of application data using Commvault application agents.
- Backups of file system data that is shared via the Common Internet File System (CIFS) or Network File System (NFS) protocols using Commvault file system agents.
- Backups of file system data via the NDMP protocol.
IntelliSnap Snapshot Management
Commvault supports IntelliSnap backups of logical unit numbers (LUNs) on Huawei Storage Servers. Application data residing on Huawei LUNs that are mounted on a Windows or UNIX client can be backed up using the Huawei snapshot functionality.
To start protecting data on Huawei Storage Servers using IntelliSnap backups, see Getting Started with the Huawei Storage Array.
Back Up Using an Application Agent
Commvault supports backing up data on Huawei Storage Servers LUNs to tape or magnetic libraries using either of the following methods:
- Running a backup of the application data using the appropriate Commvault application agent.
- Creating a backup copy of a Huawei snapshot backup using the appropriate Commvault application agent.
To start protecting data on Huawei Storage Servers using an application agent, see the appropriate application documentation in the Backup section.
Back Up File System Data
Commvault supports backups of data on Huawei Storage Servers shared via the CIFS and NFS protocols, and via the NDMP protocol:
- To protect CIFS shares from a Huawei Storage Server, add the UNC path of the CIFS share to the subclient content of a Windows client and run a backup with the Windows File System agent. See Adding UNC Paths as Content for Windows File System.
- To protect NFS shares from a Huawei Storage Server, add the NFS mount point to the subclient content of a UNIX client and run a backup with the UNIX File System agent. See Creating a Subclient to Backup NFS-Mounted File Systems.
- To protect file systems from the Huawei Storage Server, add file systems to NDMP subclient content under a Huawei NAS client. See Guidelines for Adding Subclient Content.
Last modified: 12/4/2019 11:28:27 PM