Creating a Virtualization Client for the VMware vCenter
Create a virtualization client for each vCenter.
Before You Begin
- Install the Virtual Server Agent on each computer that will serve as a proxy for backups and restores.
- Ensure that vCenter permissions are configured as described in Permissions for Custom User Accounts.
- Ensure that names of virtual machines and datastores do not contain the following special characters:
+ & @ % = # % * $ # ! \ / : * ? " < > | ; '
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers node and then select New Client > Virtualization > VMware vCenter.
The Create VMWare vCenter Client dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab:
- Type the name of the vCenter in the vCenter Host Name box.
- Enter the username and password required to access the vCenter.
- Add the VSA proxies.
Note: The software uses the first installed proxy as the MediaAgent.
- Click Add to select a proxy for backup.
- Select a proxy from the Exclude list.
The list displays all the clients that have the Virtual Server Agent installed and all the client groups. You can select one or more clients or client groups. When you select a client group, at least one client in the group must have the Virtual Server Agent installed.
- Click Include or Include All.
You can change the order of the proxies in the list by clicking the up arrow or the down arrow. The first proxy in the list is the coordinator proxy.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 8/31/2018 8:12:56 PM