Getting the Jive Add-on for ObjectStore Using Workflow
To use Commvault ObjectStore as an external file storage for Jive, you need to obtain the add-on for ObjectStore using the Get Jive Add-On workflow.
How Does it Work?
The Jive admin user enters the Web Console URL for the CommCell system where you configured the ObjectStore and initiates the workflow. The predefined workflow creates an Add-on package that contains the data required for configuring the add-on in Jive software. The package also includes files that enumerate endpoint URLs to which Jive tries to connect to when specific activities occur within Jive.
After generating the package, the workflow sends an email with the link to the package to the requested user.
Before You Begin
Review the following requirements:
- Before you initiate the workflow, you must configure an ObjectStore on your CommCell system. For more information, see Configuring an ObjectStore.
- By default, when you create a space in Jive, the add-on creates a folder for the Jive space in the ObjectStore, and shares the folder to all the members of that Jive space. If the Jive space has a large number of members, then sharing the folder to all the members will take time and may eventually time out the Jive space creation.
To resolve this issue, you can offload the task of creating a share using the AddMembersToSpaceInJive workflow. The Jive add-on will create the folder and trigger the workflow for creating the share.
Import and deploy the AddMembersToSpaceInJive workflow to your CommCell system.
You can initiate the Get Jive Add-On workflow from the Web Console using the following steps:
- In your Web browser, go to https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/applications/ .
- Log on to Cloud Services.
- Click Forms, and then click the Get Jive Add-On form.
- In the Service URL box, enter the complete URL of the Web Console for the CommCell system where you configured the ObjectStore, and then click OK.
The workflow sends an email to the requested user with a link to download the Jive Add-On package for ObjectStore.
Last modified: 11/14/2018 6:59:22 PM