NFS ObjectStore Versioning Rules
If you created a share with the versioning option, and then change the option to not use versioning, then the following rules apply:
- The software disables versioning for the share, and the software does not create a version when the share content changes.
- Users can access the different versions that the software created before versioning was disabled.
- The share supports NFSV3 clients.
- If a user edits a file with the vi editor, the Commvault software only retains the latest version because the vi editor discards the older versions of the files.
If you created a share without versioning, and then change the option to use versioning, then the following rules apply:
- The software enables versioning for the share and creates a new version of the file every time that the file is opened for a write.
- The share only supports NFSV4 clients.
- The share will no longer support NFSV3 clients.
Last modified: 6/25/2018 11:43:25 AM