Creating an NFS ObjectStore Point-in-Time View
Create a read-only view of the specified NFS ObjectStore that reflects the data before the specified time.
Similar to the NFS ObjectStore, the point-in-time view has an associated NFS share. Users can mount the share using NFS protocol and access the content that resides in the NFS ObjectStore before the specified time.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that you have the following information:
The IP addresses, or the host names of the clients who are allowed to access the point-in-time view.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client> File System >nfs_objectstore_backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Manage Point in Time Views.
The Point in Time Views dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Create Point in Time Views dialog box appears.
The software automatically populates the PIT name value with the NFS ObjectStore name followed by the UNIX time of the Restore Time box value.
- In the Restore Time box, specify the date and time to use for the point-in-time NFS ObjectStore share.
- On the NFS Clients tab, specify the access information:
- To give access to all clients, select All Clients.
- To allow specific clients access to the point-in-time view, select Custom. In the box, type the IP addresses or host names of all clients that are allowed to access the point-in-time view, and then click Add.
Separate the IP address or host names with a ",".
The clients do not need to be configured in CommCell Console.
- To remove clients, in the NFS Clients box, select the clients, and then click Delete.
- Click OK.
The software creates a point-in-time view of NFS ObjectStore with the same name as the share, followed by the point-in-time views's restore time in UNIX time format. For example, if the original share is named "/example" and the point-in-time is 4/21/17 at 7:34:28 PM, then the point-in-time NFS ObjectStore share name is "/example-1492803268".
The point-in-time view provides a read-only NFS share that users can mount to access the content present before a specific time. Users can access the NFS ObjectStore and the associated point-in-time views at the same time.
Last modified: 6/8/2020 3:13:52 PM