Configuration of Disaster Recovery (DR) Backups
Disaster Recovery (DR) Backups are executed using the following phases:
During the export phase, a metadata backup of the SQL databases is copied to the default staging directory located in software_installation_directory\CommserveDR.
Recommended: Store the DR backup in a network location that is accessible from both the CommServe hosts. Use an UNC path to access the location. Local disk or local clustered disk is not safe and is not a common practice.
Additional export destination can be setup as follows:
- To a local or network path
- To the Commvault Cloud Services portal
- To a cloud storage library
During the backup phase, the metadata available in the export destination, along with the configured log files, are backed up using the DR storage policy as follows:
- A default DR storage policy (CommServeDR) is automatically created when the first library is configured in the CommCell.
- A secondary copy for the DR backup data is automatically created when you configure the first tape library. An Auxiliary Copy schedule which runs every 15 minutes is automatically created. If necessary, you can change the frequency of this Auxiliary Copy operation.
Last modified: 3/28/2019 4:05:03 PM