Configuring a Cloud Library as the Export Destination for Disaster Recovery (DR) Backups
You can setup a cloud library as the export destination for Disaster Recovery (DR) backups.
Before You Begin
- The CommServe computer uses V11 SP15, or a more recent version.
- Configure the cloud storage in which you plan to host the DR export destination as a storage device.
For more information about configuring the cloud storage device, see Creating a Cloud Storage Library.
- Ensure that the CommServe can connect to the cloud storage to directly upload the DR backups, by setting up the relevant networking and firewall settings.
If the CommServe must connect to the cloud storage through a proxy server, make sure that the information needed to connect to the proxy server is available in the cloud storage properties. For more information on setting up the proxy server, see Modifying a Cloud Storage Library to Use a Proxy Server.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- Under Maintenance, click DR Backup.
The DR Backup dialog box is displayed.
- From the Export Settings tab, select the Upload backup metadata to Cloud Library check box and select the cloud storage library that must be used to upload the DR data from the list.
Note: Cloud storage libraries using unicode characters are not supported.
- Optionally, increase (or decrease) the Number of full Metadata Backups to be retained option to specify the number of full DR backup cycles that must be retained.
- Click OK.
- Whenever a DR backup is performed, a copy of the DR data will be uploaded to the Cloud storage library (This is in addition to the network share or local drive specified for DR backups.)
- Use the CloudStorageExplorer tool to view the uploaded data in the following location:
<Cloud_library_name> | DR | <CommServe_Name> | SET_<number>
MyCloudLibrary(Google Cloud Storage) Device 1 | DR | MyCommServe | SET_476
For more information about Cloud Storage Explorer, see Cloud Storage Explorer Tool.
What To Do Next
Make sure to run a Full DR backup job after setting up a cloud storage library as the export destination. If a Differential DR backup job is run or scheduled after setting up the cloud storage library, the backup cannot be restored without a corresponding full backup.
Changing the Cloud Storage Library
Consider the following while changing or switching to another cloud storage library:
- Make sure to run a Full DR backup job.
- The existing DR backup jobs in the original cloud storage library will have to be pruned manually.
Last modified: 7/29/2020 6:38:07 PM