Downloading the Media Explorer
The latest copy of the Media Explorer tool should be downloaded before using the tool before recovering Disaster Recovery (DR) data from tape or disk storage.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the computer in which you want to use the software satisfies the minimum requirements specified in Media Explorer: System Requirements.
- You must have an user account on the Cloud Services website. To create an user account, register your CommServe computer. For more information on registering your CommServe, see Register Your Product.
- Open a Web browser, and go to https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/applications.
- Click MEMBER LOGIN.
- Enter your user name and password, and then click Login.
You will be redirected to the My Applications page.
- Click Download Center.
- Under Category, click Tools.
- Click Media Explorer.
- Choose the appropriate bit version of the tool (Windows-x64 or Windows-x86) and click Download.
- If prompted, save the file to the download location on your local computer.
- Once the download completes Run the program.
Or navigate to the 'Downloads' folder on your local computer and double-click CVToolMediaExplorer WinX64.exe (or CVToolMediaExplorerWin 32.exe) to run it.
- Click Extract.
Note: Make sure to note down the Destination Folder before clicking the Extract button.
- Navigate to the Destination Folder that was noted down and then open the Base folder.
- Double-click MediaExplorer.exe to open the application.
What To Do Next
Last modified: 2/5/2020 5:55:21 PM