MediaAgent Recovery: Prepare for a Disaster Recovery
Before you recover the MediaAgent in a disaster scenario, make sure to meet the following requirements:
- Get the right hardware for the MediaAgent.
- If the MediaAgent hosts the Deduplication Database, then make sure that the hardware for the new MediaAgent meets the specifications mentioned in the Deduplication System Requirements.
- If the MediaAgent hosts an Index Cache, ensure that the hardware for the new MediaAgent meets the specifications mentioned in the Index Cache - Prerequisites.
- If libraries are configured on the MediaAgent, make sure that the hardware for new the MediaAgent meets the specifications mentioned in the Hardware Specifications.
- Install the Operating System on the new computer. For supported operating systems, see System Requirements - MediaAgent.
Also, use the same settings (such as drive letters, NIC cards, and so on) that are used in the old MediaAgent.
- Make sure that you have the latest Commvault software accessible to the new MediaAgent.
You can download the software by using the Download Manager. The Download Manager bundles an installation package with the software that you selected to download. The feature release software is also included in the package.
- If using a traditional license, make sure that you have an additional MediaAgent license.
You can view the number of Permanent Total licenses and Permanent Used licenses for each license type from the License Administration window on the CommCell Console. For more information, see License Administration.
- Record the objects associated with the old MediaAgent and disable the old MediaAgent. For instructions, see Disabling a MediaAgent.
Last modified: 6/16/2021 11:30:14 PM