MediaAgent Recovery: Set Up a New MediaAgent
To set up a new MediaAgent, perform the following tasks in the order listed:
- Install and configure the MediaAgent software on the new computer.
- Migrate libraries to the new MediaAgent.
- Configure Alternate Data Paths for Copies. Re-establish the data path to the new MediaAgent for all the Storage Policies that were associated with the old MediaAgent.
- Recover the Offline Deduplication Database (DDB) Partitions to the new MediaAgent.
- Enable job operations on each client.
Note: The index will be automatically restored in the new MediaAgent after it is set up. You do not need to perform any additional step to restore the index.
Last modified: 11/12/2018 7:15:18 AM