Running a Failover Immediately
You can run a failover immediately after you configure a failover group in the wizard.
About This Task
- You can perform a failback job on a failover group only if these conditions are met:
- All the VMs in a failover group belong to the same schedule
- At least one of the VMs in the failover group is eligible for failback
- If the failback operation is not available from the failover group, you can perform a failback on single VMs from the Live Sync Monitor.
- In the CommCell Browser, click Dev-Test & DR > Failover Groups.
The Failover Groups tab appears.
- Under Group Name, right-click a group and click All Tasks > Failover, and then select the appropriate option:
- To test the failover destination machine by bringing it online, click Test Boot VM.
- To run a planned failover, click Planned Failover.
- To run an unplanned failover, click Unplanned Failover.
- To run a failback when Live Sync is disabled, click Failback.
The Confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the job in the Job Controller tab.
What To Do Next
- Manage the virtual lab you created on Web Console. For instructions, see End User Operations for Virtual Labs.
Last modified: 1/17/2018 8:38:08 PM