Browsing Live Data (Live Browse)
Use the Web Console to browse the entire contents of your computer. Using this operation, you can see all of the files and folders on your computer, both backed up and non-backed up data.
When you browse live data, you can:
- download files and folders (file preview is not available)
- upload one or more files to a new or existing folder
Before You Begin
Verify that your administrator has assigned you the required permissions to browse live machine data.
- From the Web Console, go to My Data.
- Click the Computers tab.
- Click Restore for the computer that contains the data you want to browse.
Alternatively, you can click Settings for the computer containing the data that you want to browse, and then under the Restore section, click Select Files.
- On the Restore Files page, click Showing latest backups and then select Show live machine data.
- To browse the live data on a Windows computer, enter the domain user nameand password to access the computer, and then click OK. For example, domain1\user1
- Click one of the drives (for example, C:) to see all of the files and folders that reside in it.
Navigate to the files/folders that you want to download, create a new folder and upload files in it, or upload some files to an existing folder. See Download and Upload for more information on these operations.
Last modified: 9/20/2018 8:33:36 PM